My Iris's are blooming

Its late March and the beginning of Springs, but it feels like early Summer instead of Spring. I will miss winter as it is the most wonderful time of the year here. And since its been a mild winter most of my plants have had a head start.
here are my Iris's white with yellow and lavender

they last a day when cut and placed in a vase.


I also found how to extract seeds from my periwinkles

If you, look closely to the stem beneath the bloom there are little pods that look like little green beans, that houses little seeds. If the plants has been blooming awhile the pods show little black seeds, if the pod is young just pull them off. I usually put the pods on my sunny kitchen window so they can mature

the pods contain seeds that are  black when mature, they are so guaranteed to grow, I usually put them in small little pots, so I can later transplant them

Comments

Popular Posts