Harley gets a Bath

Tomorrow Harley has a Vet appointment, so I figured I'd wash him up, and clean up the days of rolling in the dirt, rubbing himself on "dead" lizards etc have got to go. He needs to make a nice impression

He may be the "Hunter" outside, inside he the most lovable little cuddly dog, I have ever raised.

When I rescued Harley 7 years ago, from the Jack Russell PetRescue, his story was that he was found wandering the Ocala Forest. He was about 3 years old, healthy but had suffered from heart worms. Thankfully, he has been cured and he is super healthy. He is slightly hyper as any terrier may be. He came along with his "cage" or cell mate Maxxie, she was "bought" for a Christmas present for a 3 year old child but when she grew out of her cutie puppy stage, they didn't want her anymore. Yup that happens, Jack Russell's are a n unusual breed, they hunt, can be hyper, and need to be trained or they become a pest and start destroying your home or develop bad habits such as biting, barking and running away.
Maxxie is an unusual JR, as she is not hyper. Very quiet,, too quiet, for some reason she doesn't bark...

I think she's been through a lot.    But they live with me now, some people would think Im crazy for having 2 JRs , but This isnt the first JR I've had. I also have had one I raised in Manhattan, during the late 80's. So Thankfully, I passed the JR Pet Rescue screening.




I like  Target's Boots and Barley brand dog shampoo, Harley has super sensitive skin and I've gone through so many brands, but his skin tolerates this brand

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts