Long Day Yesterday Wednesday March 21,2012

Did a lot yesterday, got in to do my Taxes, I know HR Block is expensive, but I don't go for them ,I go because my tax preparer Richard Rost,. at the Altamonte Springs, Montgomery Office, is super smart finds all details, even found that my Ex-Employer put some income on the wrong line of a 1099 form, and if he didn't spot this I would have paid more taxes. Well that's over 
In garden news yesterday Harley killed a black snake, and now he thinks he's big stuff. He doesn't want to leave the yard and sits there surveying his property. Jack Russell's are hunters, a breed trait not too many dog owners care for. But my neighbor Carol appreciates it, she is afraid of snakes. The Black snake was large, I know they eat rodents etc. The worst part is that I had to place the RIP snake in an old dog food bag, I labeled it "DEAD SNAKE" and put it out for the garbage men today.

bag on the the table with ...
Maxxie, steals dish rags, and likes to chew on them. Most of my old rags have holes in them thanks to her. I discourage her. But yesterday I found her with this newest one

Today's featured plant, my Thai pepper tree. I literally started this from a pepper seed. and it has grown into a TREE. I keep it in a pot so in the winter If I have to bring it in on those rare nights that it dips into the low 30 20s, it wont freeze
Thai Peppers, that I occasionally use to Asian cooking. they are powerfully and don't take much, I have to wear gloves to chop or If I don't my fingers carry this oil. and I have a tendency to rub my face etc. Trouble

They start very easily and grow fast, here are some more I plan to start this year.
I had to buy this thing a ma jig, since my home doesn't have an inside main turn off valve to shut off the water in case of repairs or water emergency. The only way to do this is at the city water meter by the curb and I have to use this tool to do it. I bought it at Lowe's for $9.00 USD.  I will put it on the Garage wall labeled so the next owner will know how to shut off the water in case. Meanwhile I had to change the rubber on an outside faucet. That is the third time, I seem to change it every year. The guy at Lowe's says its because of the chemicals in the water. Plus he recommends we shut off the water at the water meter, because If we use the Main valve too much, it starts leaking too, and has to be replaced. Oh well..

Comments

Popular Posts