Mount Dora, Florida ....PART I


Mount Dora, we explora...

Ok, well I'm not a poet, but took a drive today with friends to have a little lunch and a look see in Mount Dora Florida, a really quaint (real) town ( real as oppose to Disney made.. )

A lot of cities here in Florida have sister Cities, there are at least two that I have visited, One being Dunedin and Mount Dora, who's sister city is Forres, Scotland, now didn't you.. Forres on the Moray Coast of  North Scotland. 


It's already very warm today, 84f /60 c, for my Great Britain friends. Before we're off  to the Windsor Rose for lunch I have to stop in at  two of my favorite places. By the way alot of quaint cities are getting rid of antique shops, this fad is dying..antiquing. Deland, Florida is an example, its antiques stores are going out of business. But Mount Dora continues to flourish and has alot of really nice antique stores among the various other types of stores, its just a nice place to spend an afternoon or a weekend, as there are alot of BB's around

Mt. Dora has alot a great shops it takes longer than a lunchtime to explore but for today, here are my two picks:..The Hospice Hope Chest, where for years I have been finding treasures and contributing to a good cause. Today I saved 16.00 USD, since they only take cash or checks, and I had neither.

Check out this delicate (hee) tree made of sea shells
Or this genuine (fake) Velazquez in front of this neat Screen


The Pak-Ratz Antiques store is my favorite antiques store, the owner always has realistic prices and lots of wonderful things, fine China, Asian collectibles, jewelry. Today he gave me the OK to take some pictures..


I loved this Asian lacquer chest
Which will be gone by the time, I visit again, which will be not too ahead in the future.

Finally, we reach our destination for some lunch and a cool Pinot Gris at the

its also a very traditional English tea room, with alot of collectibles from England and a few things on the menu with English origins, a Proper bangers and mash,etc


don't forget
THE 2012 SPRING ANTIQUES AND COLLECTIBLES SHOW
MARCH 24-25, 2012

Comments

Popular Posts