Last Night I made Salmon Patties with Peanut Sesame Noodle and Shaved Cabbage Salad


The Salmon patties are easy. You can take a large Salmon can or now they sell small tuna sized cans of Salmon. Mix in some frozen peas, half an onion finely chopped, a smalled cooked potato, some panko bread crumbs , a little salt and lemon juice and egg to bind the mixture. (you can experiment with seasonings some like to put pepper or chili flakes I don't) make them into patties. I sometime cover more panko crumbs on the outside. Set the oven to warm, as you fry then on each side about 10 mins and pop into the oven to keep warm.

I usually prepared the shaved cabbage salad ahead of time, I thinly shave cabbage into a bowl, wash dry and season with alittle salt. Then at the last minute before serving, season with my homemade red wine vinegar and olive oil dressing. 

The noodles are quickly made with those KAME Asian noodles that take 6 mins to boil, in the meanwhile in a sauce pan I take peanut butter (about 2 tablespoons slowly melt on low heat, add alittle of the hot water from the noodle bath, sugar, rice wine vinegar, Soy sauce,sesame seed oil, ginger powder and once the noodles are done I mixed them in this sauce pan and serve.

the crunchy cabbage salad is yummy contrast with the entire meal. A nice Shiraz or Pinot Gris for my taste

Comments

Popular Posts