Tuesday, April 10, 2012  Plants from Grocery seeds. It's Jasmine time


Plants are growing in slowly, haven't had a good thunder and shower in the while. Walmart did give me a new rose bush in exchange for the bum one I purchased. this one is doing really well. As you can see the Jasmine is in full bloom the moment you step outside, that seduction smell just takes over. The weather has been brisk high 80 low 59 last night. The last few days of nice weather before high temperatures set in place.  I had the A/C guy over for a tune up for summer. Love them, trust them:  Kurt's A/C 352-343-1755.







Now speaking of plants you can start with seeds you buy at the grocery store, NOT in the seed section but in the spice section: the above seedlings are Coriander plants. Or Cilantro however you call it or use it. I just soaked the Coriander seeds in water for 2 days, put them in a pot and now voila, 5 days later coriander (cilantro) for the picking all summer long.I'll take some up and bring over to my parents. I use this in stews and making some beans dishes. But Cilantro is a big herb now these days, I prefer not to use it raw as some do, and definitely not in my Salsa recipe..



The next plant I have had good success with is Thai Basil. I just bought Thai Basil seeds that is used in cooking, and straight away planted them in a containers. 2 weeks later I have those delicious licorice tasting basil for my summer rolls and some Thai recipes.



Comments

Popular Posts