Brown Rice Fried Rice and Teriyaki Chicken with Peas and Broccoli with Wide Kame Noodles


There's the picture of my 20-something year old cast iron skillet. I've cured it for over 5 years and it gets better with age. I never really clean it harsh chemical or scubbing pad, just wipe and let it sit in the oven for storage. I am able to make one skillet dishes, but in this case I needed two because I had to fry the rice separately. This meal takes a little prep time as the brown rice cooks in 50 mins, but if you use white rice that just takes 20 mins. Any brown rice that cooks in under 30 mins. is not real brown rice.


Terriyaki Chicken Stir fry with homemade terriyaki sauce (serves 2)

Sauce
1/2 cup of orange or pineaple juice
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of soy sauce or more to taste
1 table spoon of ginger (powder) half if fresh
1 teaspoon of garlic (fresh)
1 tablespoon of  sesame oil
1 teaspoon of onion powder or fresh 1 onionc chopped finely

1 tablepoon of corn starch

taste your marinate before you put in raw chicken.

I marinate for 20 mins to an hour.

I stir fry with broccoli and peas.  At the end after I boiled the Kame wide noodles for 6 mins I add to the dish  Yummy

Fried rice

sautee rice with scallions and add a scamlbled egg with peas and some soy sauce at the end. 

Comments

Popular Posts