April 4 and It's 90 degrees Already, My Confession


When the forecasters say 20 % chance of rain, that means zero. My grass is fainting and the hose is out morning and night for hand watering. Well might as well go straight to the confession part of this article......I collect garbage, yes I'm a purveyor of side walk trash, a Dumpster Diver as they say.  And I so conveniently hide behind the fact that I walk the dogs in the morning especially during big pick up day. I can stop my car on a dime and reverse it and pop the truck so quickly and swiftly no one would notice that they just put out the trash. I must say my New York City days were the best at finding things since you have hundreds of apartments dumping excess.

I found this armoire iabove when I lived in Flushing, NY, couldnt put that in the truck but I borrowed the Super's handtruck and wheeled it back 2 blocks. People shake their heads . I dont know if they are amazed or feel sorry for me. But Look at it. nice huh?

Today I hit another motherload, I was on my way to Walmart to return my dead rose bush. when low and behold I passed this house that was dumping old planter pots


Six pots nicely decorated and that clay long pot for the porch.   The kitty house I'll give to my neighbor that has a cat. I was counting my blessings, but it gets better among this trashing heap was a TREASURE......

This 1935 Jardiniere pot labeled McCoy, which being a Pottery Collector (among other things that I collect) know its worth at least $50.00 USD to some collectors. But after I washed it lovingly, it will be place among my other pottery. Its about 14 inches tall.

So keep youre eyes peeled. You never know....

Comments

Popular Posts